Friday, June 10, 2011

The heat is on




Well, it's here! Summer has begun, the temps at least say so! So what do we do in the summer...we swim!! Last summer the girls and I must have spent 90% of our time at the community pool down the street. They are little fishes and you literally would have to drag them away. This year we have baby Kellan so things are a bit different. I debated over getting a pool pass for a number of reasons...1. The pool down the street closed(construction), and 2. The baby can't be out in the sun or heat for too long. My solution was to enroll the girls in early morning swim lessons. These began this week and start at 10:30 and end at 11:30. Elise is in the beginner 1 class and Ava in the Intro to swim class. Ava however is by far a better swimmer than Elise but due to age restrictions she had to go in the class under. After our first very successful swim lesson I realized how much they would miss out if we didn't swim this summer. Off to the Community Center we went. Armed now with our pool passes we have been enjoying an hour or two every other day at the pool. Kellan hangs out in the shade and basically sleeps the entire time we are there. Have I told you how amazing he is:-)??? Along with the hot weather comes the hair cut. Every Summer when the heat turns up, off comes my hair. I decided to chop it all off and go super blonde. I LOVE it, and it is a total "pick me up"! The girls are both already the tannest kids at the pool and Elise's hair is turning white! I just love summer!!!



After a long day at the pool


My new Do


Ahhhhhhhhhh


The pool rats


Hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment