Monday, June 18, 2012

Pool Rats

It's official, summer has begun!! The girls just completed their swim lessons. They both passed with flying colors! I'm not surprised but due to missing 2 days from illness I was a tad worried. The final day of lessons was "fun day". Elise's class began on the giant slide while Ava played with the water features in the shallow end. They would then rotate. Elise's class made it over to the diving boards. Now, she can swim but never has been in 13 feet of water, let alone off a diving board. As I walked up I saw her sitting on the side and watching all her friends run and jump off the board. Broke my heart. I told her to go get up there. Her instructor got in the water but was about 6 ft away holding onto the side. She cautiously walked to end and JUMPED! I was sooooo proud! She came up and slowly tread water to the the side. She immediately got back in line. What's next is nothing short of amazing. She ran down the board jumped on the end and did a complete FLIP into the pool. As the instructor and I were picking our jaws up off the floor she paddled over to the side and got out. She ran right over and gave me the biggest hug. That was literally one of my most proud moment thus far with her!! What an amazing kid!!


We generally get to the pool 3 days a week and while the girls swim I am kept busy chasing after my little guy. He is so busy! He's up then down, in then out. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Here's to hoping the rest of summer will be just as awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment