Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Elise






Elise is my first born. She graced us with her presence during a huge snowstorm on December 7th, 2005. My lil peanut weighed in at a whopping 5 lbs8oz, so tiny. She was beautiful,a true gerber baby. The first few months were hard, she had awful colic and really gave us a run for our money. Once she hit about 4-5 months, i knew she was a keeper. haha. She is always so eager to help, constantly following I or Wes around and lending us her small little hand. I see myself in her each and everyday. From the way she bites her nails, to the fact that she hasn't taken a nap since age 2. So it was no surprise today that she would do fine as she walked through the doors of her new school. Wes, Ava, Kellan and I all walked her into her class, took some pictures, said our goodbye's. She sat right down and started drawing. Not even an ounce of sadness across her face. It took every fiber in my body to hold back the tears and swallow that lump in my throat. My baby girl is starting her school life. For the next 8+ years she will be attending school. It's amazing how these things can creep up on you. Happy first school day Elise. I know you will do great and make me so very proud, you always do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment