Friday, October 7, 2011

Right place at the Right time.

I am a true believer in fate. Today just reconfirmed my beliefs. I was in line at Starbucks this morning and I overheard this lady googling over Kellan. I turned around and made small talk and she turned to her friend and said, "You have got to come and look at this little boy." The other woman looked at him and immediately burst into tears. She looked up at me with her tear stained cheeks and said, "this is just what I needed today, thank you, thank you!!" I was a little baffled and I said, "Oh my God, are you ok?" She looked down at Kellan as he was smiling and said... "I buried my granddaughter today...!" OMG! My heart dropped to my knees, and I just ran over and hugged her as she sobbed in my arms. I of course began crying and she kept appologizing. She proceeded to explain that her Granddaughter died this week in a huge duplex fire, she was just 8. I looked at her as she was trying to catch her breathe and just told her I will be praying for her and family and to never appologize for showing this kind of emotion. She thanked me and said, "thank you for being here today, I needed to see that baby's smiling face, it's the first time I have smiled since Saturday!" I walked away shaken but felt an amazing sense of love. Kellan and I were brought here today for this woman.
My coffee maker was acting up this morning and as I was driving to the grocery store I last mintue turned into starbucks. I have'nt had starbucks in over a year!! Split second decision. God brought me there for that woman today. Amazing

1 comment:

  1. Oh man Christina, glad you were there. Hugging B tight tonight. Just can't take the little things for granted.

    ReplyDelete